Police Officer/Trainee Rate: $25.97/Hourly
Police Officer Rate following graduation from Police Academy: $28.85/Hourly
Hiring Incentive: Relocation Expense Reimbursement - Up to $1000 with receipts
Performs work enforcing laws, patrolling and investigating criminal activity, ensuring safety of public by responding to incidents and calls for services, collecting evidence and testifying in court, maintaining official files and records, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the supervision of the Police Sergeant.
High School diploma or GED preferably supplemented by coursework in criminal justice, military service experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to pass an extensive background investigation.
- May require possession of, or ability to obtain, specific licenses and/or certifications depending on departmental assignment.
- National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) training based on assignment.
- Must meet and maintain all training and education requirements for the position.
- Valid Arizona Driver License of appropriate class.
Requires non-standard or rotating shift work to include days, nights, weekends, and holidays. Incumbent works outdoors and is subject to extreme temperatures. Must be 21 years of age upon graduation from police academy, a United States Citizen and Arizona State Certified as a Police Officer, or the ability to obtain certification.
In order to be considered for employment with Lake Havasu City, applicants must submit an online application at www.lhcaz.gov.
*******PRE - APPROVED TESTING PROCESS BY - INVITATION ONLY*******
Additional testing will be conducted for this position. Selected qualified applicants will receive separate testing notification via email or text messaging and must be available on the date/time scheduled; no make-up tests will be given. Testing will consist of the following:
- TBD - National Police Officer Selection Test (POST) ONLINE. Lake Havasu City Police Department has partnered with Arizona Association of Chiefs of Police(AACOP) to administer the POST exam. This exam will consist of Arithmetic, Reading Comprehension, Grammar, and Incident Report Writing. This component will be approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes. An overall passing score of 70% is required in order to move forward. Candidates who successfully complete the POST exam will be invited to participate in the Physical agility test. Candidates may purchase at their own expense a Practice National Police Officer Selection Test and POST Study Guide at https://www.applytoserve.com/Study/.
- TBD - Physical agility testing at WALETA - 1801 HWY 95 S. Candidates will be required to complete a 500 yard run, obstacle course, chain link fence, solid fence, and body drag. Candidates are required to successfully finish each component and accumulate sufficient points in order to move forward. Candidates who successfully complete the physical agility test will be invited to participate in the writing assignment and oral board interview.
- TBD - Writing assignment. After successful completion of the Physical agility test, a writing assignment will given to be completed and brought to the oral board interview. This component will be approximately 45 minutes.
- TBD - Oral Board Interview at 2360 McCulloch Blvd. N. Those who successfully complete the Oral Board Interview will be given a Background Questionnaire that will be used to complete the background investigation phase of the selection process, which can take several weeks. Upon completion, candidates who are selected to move forward will be contacted at a later date to schedule a polygraph examination.
Applicants for employment opportunities should be aware of the Lake Havasu City policies concerning the use of drugs and alcohol. These policies have not been altered by the passage of Proposition 207. The use of recreational marijuana is a violation of the City's Drug Free Workplace Policy. All positions within the City are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test. A positive result for drugs tested under the policy, including recreational marijuana, may be grounds for withdrawal of an offer of employment.
The City reserves the right to consider only the most highly qualified applicants. The succeeding examination processes may be required: training and experience, testing, panel interview, employment eligibility verification (EEV) requirements, personnel evaluation profile (PEP), polygraph test, background investigation and alcohol/drug screening test. Appointment subject to successful background investigation and City paid post-employment medical examination after offer of employment has been made.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School