Mohave Community College seeks a highly organized, dedicated, and experienced Facilities Manager to join our team. Typical Duties
See more about this position here.
This position has the primary responsibility for supervision of inmate labor including assignment of duties, ensuring all ADC requirements are followed, and assuring the safety of the inmates.
This exempt position works under limited supervision and will work non-traditional hours including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Supervise a variety of trade areas including electrical, mechanical, plumbing, painting and custodial. Coordinate the completion of work orders, estimate materials, labor costs and equipment needed and order materials and supplies.
- Maintain facility project request and deferred maintenance listing; coordinate and prioritize campus grounds and facility projects; and review and make recommendations relative to planned construction.
- Regularly inspect campus buildings and grounds to identify/detect problem areas in need of repair or cleaning.
- Prepare and/or evaluate work orders; perform the necessary calculations to estimate materials/supplies needed to complete/repair the problem; and process requisitions according to established procedures.
- Through effective utilization of current technological resources, provide timely and courteous response to facility help desk requests
- Maintain accurate records and files for all major equipment and facilities repairs and scheduled maintenance, campus maps, diagrams, floor plans, project proposals and planned improvements; and submit drawings for structural changes to director, facilities and crisis management for approval and recordkeeping.
- Perform basic troubleshooting procedures to identify defective machinery and equipment. Identify parts, materials and tools required.
- Supervise and provide support on a variety of general maintenance/repair activities on campus buildings, grounds and equipment including electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting and HVAC.
- Provide work direction, training and supervision to subordinate workers; prepare work schedules and prioritize workloads; resolve work procedure/technical questions and guide and counsel workers.
- Ensure all OSHA requirements are met. Ensure compliance with all building codes and ordinances, zoning regulations and contract specifications.
- Review/examine existing material/supplies inventory; identify needed materials; contact vendors; compare/evaluate various alternatives and calculate cost/supply priorities.
- Assist in annual budgeting process. Review, monitor and control amounts expended from the budget to ensure conformance with budgeting requirements.
- Inspect the work of maintenance/custodians engaged in construction and repair and/or cleaning and maintenance activities.
- Adhere to college, federal and state administrative procedures, guidelines, initiatives and directives to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations affecting college operations.
- Prepare reports and statistical information regarding the activities effecting college facilities to the director of financial services, as required.
- Assist in providing security for campus facilities and equipment; respond to security/fire alarms on/off duty hours.
- Perform other tasks of a similar nature or level as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and two (2) years related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
NOTE: After hire, the individual must successfully pass a criminal background check and successfully complete prescribed training provided by the Arizona Department of Corrections to maintain employment.
- Accountability (Advanced Level) -Shares his quality standards and norms with stakeholders. Acts as a role model for others in terms of reliability and integrity. Ensures that the organizational culture is one in which taking responsibility for personal activities and the actions of others is very important and in which teams pull together when mistakes are made.
- Adaptability & Flexibility (Advanced Level) -Understands the requirements of different situations and effectively adapts his/her behavior even when under stress and pressure. Adjusts own view and objectives in order to achieve a shared goal. Open to various standards, values and rules without losing a sense of identity.
- Analytical Thinking (Intermediate Level) -Uses resourcefulness to tap as-yet-unknown sources. Integrates and analyzes all relevant data and information and reduces that information down to manageable components and/or charts, diagrams or graphs. Identifies a number of solutions to the problem by identifying and evaluating the various options developed and selects the most effective solution.
- Budget Management (Intermediate Level) -Monitors expenditures and resources to ensure spending is within allotments, or makes appropriate modifications. Complies with administrative controls over funds, contracts, and procurements, to preclude fraud or mismanagement of government resources. Employ precision and attention to detail when entering or calculating fiscal data, noticing errors and/or minor differences in values that may be easy to overlook. Recognize when results of calculations look wrong, and understand how to correct errors.
- Effective Communications (Intermediate Level) -Receives and learns from feedback. Builds effective formal and informal communication channels. Shows tact and diplomacy while maintaining open, honest dialogue with coworkers and campus partners. Keeps relevant people accurately informed and up-to-date of both positive and potentially negative information. Actively listens to and synthesizes perspectives of others.
- Decision-Making & Judgment (Intermediate Level) -Gathers information on an issue, impartially considering all sides and makes logical decisions that are clear. Evaluates positive and negative alternatives within time and resource constraints. Always has ?big picture? in mind and helps others see it. Uses sound judgment and integrity to make clear, transparent decisions.
- Ethics & Integrity (Intermediate Level) -Demonstrates respect for all team members regardless of individual capabilities, agendas, opinions or needs. Directs others towards behavior based on accepted social and ethical codes. Limits information sharing to only those entitled to it. Takes responsibility for and is transparent in his/her own actions.
- Influence (Intermediate Level) -Achieves objectives and preserves the relationship through a good balance of professional arguments, humor, putting things in perspective and understanding another's situation. Adapts words and behavior subtly through an awareness of the effect on someone else. Generates commitment and enthusiasm from others to set and achieve challenging objectives.
- Initiative (Intermediate Level) -?Seeks opportunities to improve or enhance services, avoid problems, or develop new programs. Pursues increased challenge and accountability in project tasks. Recognizes and takes appropriate action to effectively address problems and opportunities. Focuses on achieving results, rather than activities that may not add value. Consistently exceeds expectations regarding the timing of deliverables.
- Leadership (Intermediate Level) -?Understands how organizations work and ably maneuvers and executes within the organizational structure and networks. Understands and supports organizational policies, procedures and systems, reconciling ambiguities and deficiencies. Works cooperatively with others, establishes rapport, and is organizationally sensitive. Builds trust through straightforwardness and consistency. Inspires employees to perform at their best. Is informed and knowledgeable about industry trends and organizational initiatives; appropriately aligns skills with organizational initiatives.
- Planning & Organization (Intermediate Level) -?Establishes priorities that address the details and timelines needed to achieve the intended results. Handles and delivers multiple projects simultaneously. Achieves goals in a timely manner, despite obstacles encountered, by organizing, re-prioritizing and re-planning. Sets daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and or annual project goals, creating specific plans to meet them.
- Project or Program Management (Advanced Level) -?Organizes and governs project team. Integrates business goals into the scope and deliverables. Mentors project team members. Monitors and tracks project plan implementation to ensure timely completion. Determines the validity of project progress. Integrates the project with cross-functional objectives.
In addition to completing the electronic application, applicants must attach a cover letter of interest and copies of transcripts. Transcripts may also be mailed or faxed. If mailed or faxed, the job number indicated in the job posting MUST be on the fax cover sheet or on the transcripts to ensure they are matched to your application.
Mohave Community College
1971 Jagerson Avenue
Kingman, AZ 86409
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : General